20 Unique Persuasive Research Paper Topic Ideas
A very popular type of research paper is the persuasive paper. It is designed to take a stand on a various topic and to choose a side and prove that the side that you choose is the right one. Controversial topics work really great for this type of paper. Mostly because there is usually proof for both sides of the issue. When choosing your topic for your research paper, you will want to make sure that you choose one that you feel passionate about. You will be able to write a better paper if you put some emotion into it. Unlike an argumentative essay, a persuasive essay can display your opinions so let your reader know what you think.
- Should we continue with stem cell research because it destroys the embryo?
- Should animals be used for medical testing?
- Is the death penalty a viable way to deter crime?
- Should people be allowed to marry individuals of the same sex?
- Should we be allowed to have more than one spouse?
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- Is a vegan diet healthy?
- Should athletes get paid less?
- Should schools still administer homework or should the practice be included in school where it can be monitored for accuracy?
- Would there be less bullying in schools if everyone had to wear uniforms?
- What age does a child have to be to stay home alone?
- Should men and women receive the same pay for construction work?
- Should colleges be free?
- Should healthcare be free?
- Should textbooks be replaced by tablets?
- Should birth control be mandatory until you can prove you are ready for a baby?
- Should girls be allowed to play on boy sports teams?
- Should students be allowed to take their cell phones to school?
- Should restaurants be forced to make healthier food?
- Should larger passengers have to buy multiple plane tickets?
You can use any of these topics to write your persuasive paper. Be sure to back your opinions up with solid evidence so that you can make sure that you crush this paper. Just prove to your audience that what you believe is true through research and organization. This is a good way to help you learn how to present your case in everyday life to get the results that you are looking for.