Coming Up with Strong High School Research Paper Topic Ideas
One of the hardest parts of doing a research paper is coming up with a good topic to write about. Here is a list of some really solid papers that you can write about. They are interesting and relevant to our times you will be surprised at how easy they end up being because they relate to everyday issues.
The topic of your paper is one of the most important decisions because if you don’t like your topic, you are still going to be stuck reading, researching, and writing about it. Choose one of the topics below or write a spinoff of one of these ideas.
- Should children who commit heinous crimes be tried as adult?
- How do gay marriages impact our society?
- Is it moral to allow parents to pick and choose the traits of their unborn child?
- Should we allow the death penalty?
- Is there a gender bias in the corporate world?
- Do we still have racial issues today?
- Should recycling be mandatory?
- Should marijuana be legalized for recreational use?
- Should we allow doctor assisted suicides?
- Is animal testing wrong?
- Is there any time when abortion is justified?
- How does teen pregnancy affect society?
- Should homework be eliminated?
- Should students be able to leave school for lunch?
- How has technology effected our youth?
- Are there any side effects of piercing a baby’s ears?
- What are the effects of global warming?
- Should cell phones be allowed in school?
- How can we combat terrorism?
- Is there a way to stop bullying in school?
- Should students have to wear uniforms?
- Is there a way to slow down obesity in our country?
- Should classrooms use tablets instead of textbooks?
- Should companies push harder to go paperless?
- How do the political parties shape our country?
There you have it. Twenty five killer ideas to help you get started on your research paper. Be sure to cite you sources and create a strong thesis statement. You want to make sure that you answer the research question as your thesis and then come up with at least three reasons to support your decisions. You have the ability to really make this a good paper if you just concentrate on proving your point.